What is and what is the use of adding rights holders to a work
Feature included in Premium, Professional and Corporate Accounts.
A work may have been created by one or more authors. This happens also with other rights. You can now add new authors and / or right holders. This way the work will be in the lists of all authors and / or rights holders.
Simply select "Add rights holders" of the pulldown menu on each work and fil the form by writing the e-mails from one or more possible rights holders, whether they are authors too or not. You can specify the manner in which rights are shared, whether they are authors or only rights holders or both and whether or not they can edit the work. They must accept or reject the request. These entitlements can be revoked, added, etc..
If a user receives an application to share rights of a work in a different email than the one already has in SafeCreative, when entering he or she can access with the account and password already has. So works rights will get attached to that account.
- You can add rights holders both in pre-registrered and registered works.
- Go to “My Works” and in the dropdown menu on the right you have the option “Add rights holders”
- A new window will open where you can write the emails of other rights holders separated by a comma in case they are more than one. You can select whether these people (or person) are authors, authors and copyright holders or holders of rights. You can also establish whether they can make changes or entries in the registration form of the work.
- SafeCreative will send an email with a link to that persons and they may either accept the request, so that the work will also appear in their listings, or reject it. Although the email can be other than the one the user might have in SafeCreative, he or she may log in with the normal account and accept or reject the authorship so the work will appear in the right account.
- You can view the status of invitations you’ve sent by clicking on the icon of “rights holders” that will appear next to each work.
- Optionally you can upload files to accompany the work, as a text file explaining the rights holdings, sketches for a work, physical details of a sculpture, etc.. The option appears also in the dropdown menu at the right of each registration.
- This is how we can see the public display of registration information.
- Questions, suggestions can be sent to us through the Contact form.